Each fall, the Glynn Family Honors Program sponsors a trip to the Stratford Festival in Stratford, Ontario.
During the long weekend away from Notre Dame’s campus, students and faculty attend three performances, mingle in Stratford’s cozy coffee shops, and wander along winding walking paths.
Festival Fun Facts
- The Stratford Festival is the oldest Shakespeare Festival in North America.
- Four theaters run continuously from early May until late October.
- The Festival employs more than 600 full-time technicians.
- The grounds surrounding the Festival Theater include an art gallery, a picnic area, flower gardens, and a beautiful lake, which is surrounded by trails.
A Typical Itinerary
The Stratford trip takes place on a non-home-football weekend in late September or early October.
The bus leaves the Notre Dame campus at 7 a.m. on Friday and returns at approximately 5 p.m. on Sunday.
Performances at the Stratford Festival
Glynn scholars attend three performances: Friday night, Saturday afternoon, and Saturday night.
- Round trip transportation via chartered bus
- Tickets for three major productions
- Accommodations for two nights at the beautiful Arden Park Hotel
$100 deposit will reserve your seat
Although we will not give refunds, we can try to help you find someone to buy your seat by maintaining a waiting list in the office if you find you are unable to go.